Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mini Blog Primer

I know that most of you already know this, but just in case someone out there doesn't know:

(1) Entries show up on this page in the reverse of the order of their creation. The entry at the top of the page is the one that I wrote and posted most recently. The very first entry is currently at the bottom of this page.
Because the blog is new, I'm leaving everything on the front page so people can find the first few postings easily. After a while, I'll pare down the front page to only the ten or so most recent entries, and the older postings will be moved out of immediate sight. If you're just now joining our program (already in progress) and you want to read all of this in chronological order, scroll down to the bottom of the page and read up.

(2) If you click on any of the pictures that illustrate these entries, you will (probably) see a bigger version of the picture.

(3) The word "Comments" appears beneath every entry. The number next to the word "Comments" is the number of comments that have already been left regarding that entry. If you click on the word, "Comments," you can read other people's comments about that entry, and you can leave your own comments as well. You don't have to log in to anything or sign up for anything. I allow anonymous comments. For now. As long as comments stay free of flames and spam. If I ask a question like "What do you think?" or "What's your opinion of (X)?", it's not a rhetorical question, and I really do want to hear other people's opinions. You can wait until the next time you see me and say, "Remember where you asked about (X) on your blog? Well, I think...." Or, alternately you can leave your answer here for me (and everyone else in the world) to see.

(3a) If you comment anonymously, please sign your name or give some kind of indication of who you are. Just so I don't embarrass myself by replying to you and guessing incorrectly who you are.

(4) Under each entry, there are also one or more words marked "Labels." If you click on a label, it will show you all the entries that are tagged with that label.

(5) If you type "Google" into Google, you can break the Internet.

(6) Sorry. I couldn't resist that.

No comments: