Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Union Square, Christmas Eve

I did some last-minute shopping early this afternoon in Union Square. As you can see, San Francisco is completely overcast and gray today.

It wasn't the total mob scene that you might have expected. The only place where it was really difficult to walk down the sidewalk was outside Macy's, especially at the windows with the SPCA kittens and puppies in the window. Okay, I only saw kittens, but I couldn't get close enough to see much. I just assume that they had puppies as they have done in the past.

I also snapped a few photos around the Safeway and Macy's ice skating rink in Union Square. As you can see, it wasn't exactly a mob scene, either. The on-again-off-again rain probably had something to do with this.

Still, Union Square is always good for a few quickie photos, so here you go -- ice skating, the tree and the menorah.

As always, if you click on the photos, you'll get a larger 1248X936 version.

No comments: