Thursday, January 22, 2009

End of the World


Matt Alber - End of the World

I saw this video on Facebook last week, then just now found that Matt Alber's label posted the video to YouTube only this afternoon. So I suppose it's a newer video than I originally guessed.

Matt Alber is a former member of Chanticleer. He released his first solo album, "Hide Nothing," last year. His bio on his website says, "Jeff Crerie is an audio space cowboy with an intuition and musicianship unmatched. His studio, Utmosis (utmosis.net) is perched on a San Francisco hilltop overooking the Castro. After sitting side-by-side mixing and recording these songs (and savoring some of Jeff’s famous pancakes) I would walk home in the drizzling rain listening to what we’d just created out of thin air.

"I feel like I'm just scratching the surface with songwriting. I don’t have hundreds of songs. I don’t even have 25 songs. These are my first cracks. Maybe I’ll write some more."

His voice reminds me of Rufus Wainwright's (not a bad thing). And you don't see two men kissing each other in music videos very often.

No comments: