Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lisa Hannigan at the Apple Store

As I've mentioned previously, one of my favorite albums this year is "Sea Sew" by Irish newcomer, Lisa Hannigan.  She's opening for David Gray tonight at the Masonic Auditorium.   That show sold almost entirely out before I heard about it (there were still some upper balcony seats available, which in my book means that it was effectively sold out). So I was pleased to find out that she would be performing a short set at the Apple Store in Union Square this afternoon as well.

We arrived at the Apple Store early in order to get seats.  What crowd there was mostly arrived within the last fifteen minutes before they started playing.  It was definitely standing room only, and, frankly, they could have sold a good number of CDs (and probably did sell a number of iTunes downloads).  Sweet voice, sweet songs, not a lot of depressing lyrics like many songs.  I hope she comes back through soon.

She said that she believes that they are playing on Carson Daly's show later this week, but I've not been able to confirm that through any online schedules or TV listings.

More photos visible on my Flickr photostream.  As always, all of the photos on this blog can be seen in much, much higher resolution just by clicking on them.




No comments: