Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"13" by Jason Robert Brown

Flash Content: Get Adobe Flash player


Okie dokie.


Jason Robert Brown has written the first ever "all-teenage cast" musical, which starts previews on September 16 and opens officially on October 5 at the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre in New York.


My question is this: Will this be (as
the "13" website says) "a hilarious, high-energy musical for all ages about discovering that cool is where you find it, and sometimes where you least expect it," or will it turn out to be a Disney Channel movie waiting to happen, a successor to "High School Musical"?

In other words, is its target audience really everyone from 8 to 80, or everyone from 12 to 16?

Personally, I would hope for the former, but, just judging by this video, I would guess the latter.

I like Brown's writing very much, so I'm hoping for good things for and from this show.

No comments: