Friday, September 5, 2008

What does your musical taste say about you?

From the BBC:

Professor Adrian North of Heriot-Watt University has released the results of his study of the links between personality and musical tastes. The study included 36,000 people from all over the world.

Professor North is quoted in the BBC story as saying, "The general public has held a stereotype of heavy metal fans being suicidally depressed and of being a danger to themselves and society in general. But they are quite delicate things."

The article includes a table giving a brief guide to finding your own personality disorder.

Of course, I would never definitively say that I like, for example, Country more than I like Jazz. So I guess that would put me in the "indecisive personality" category. Or maybe not. I don't know.

I also notice that "Brass Band" is not on the list.

You can guess what my choice of photographs says about me.

No comments: