Friday, October 24, 2008

Mary Gauthier "Mercy Now"


You Tube

Mary Gauthier (pronounced "go-SHAY") is playing in Durham, NC, this evening
to help celebrate UMD's 25th anniversary providing services to the city's homeless and needy.

I might have preferred a different video for this song -- I'm not in love with the added backing vocals. On the other hand, she has a look on her face that seems to say, "I can't believe that I'm standing on stage at the Grand Ole Opry. I really just can't believe it. I need to remember every second of this."

Mary also has established a MySpace page called "Sing Mercy Now."

"
I am inviting musicians from everywhere to send in a version of Mercy Now in their musical own musical style and in their native language to SingMercyNow@gmail.com, and we'll post them up on the SingMercyNow Myspace page for the world to listen to. Who knows, we might lighten a few loads out there."

No comments: