Thursday, March 4, 2010

Little Boots



Okay, after I said that I'm not a "dance music" kind o' guy, here I am recommending something that is basically a dance album.  But I think that Little Boots (real name, Victoria Christina Hesketh) is a lot of fun, and I think she's genuinely talented.  Go to her YouTube channel and browse her many homemade videos of herself playing and singing her own songs as well as other people's songs (including Kate Bush's "Running Up That Hill") and you'll see what I mean.

And her first album, "Hands," was released in the US this week.

Also, she will be doing an in-store performance and CD signing at Amoeba Records on Haight at 6 p.m. on March 9.

P.S., The thing at the beginning of the video that kind looks like an electronic "Connect Four" game that mated with the disco dance floor from "Saturday Night Fever" is a real  electronic musical instrument called a "tenori-on."  In fact, the Wikipedia entry for the tenori-on says "See also: Little Boots."

No comments: