Thursday, May 15, 2008

Missed most of it, actually.


When I got to Castro Street on my way home at about 6:30, there were several TV vans and a truck loaded with sound equipment. So it was obvious that an impromptu shut-down-the-street party was getting ready to start. But between my being semi-sick, my being tired and the weather's being very, very hot and muggy, I didn't rush back out to join the crowd.

At about ten o'clock, we still were hearing lots of shouting still coming from the direction of Castro Street, so we decided to walk down and take a look. There was still a large clump of people hanging out in front of the Castro Theater, but the sound equipment was being disassembled and packed back on the truck.

We didn't see anyone we knew, and the party was starting to break up (this is, after all, a school night). So we came on back home.

Sorry I don't have anything more exciting to report than that.

No comments: